Thursday, May 05, 2005

 

Meltdown

Well, tickets went on sale at 9 this morning for Patti Smith's Meltdown at Festival Hall. Needless to say, 1 minute before 9 and the phone line was the 'we're not open' recorded message, at 9 the phone line was engaged and the website too busy to access. I got through at 10.30, so thankfully there were still tickets available for Patti Smith doing 'Horses', Anthony and the Johnsons, and (no major surprise here) Yoko Ono, and we shall go to them all.

Poor ticket seller had to back track on Yoko Ono when he offered me frankly great seats and I mentioned that this one wasn't as popular then. "You're the first person to buy any" came the answer. I laughed and he tried to cover himself by saying that he meant I was the first person that he had sold tickets to today, but I'll wait and see if we're the only two people there.

This will bring our June tally of gigs up to 11 so far, pity the poor home alone dog who will be facing many nights in on her own.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?