Friday, May 20, 2005

 

musical update

After Dungen, we went to see Wigan's The Engineers at the ICA. I've seen them before doing a restrained set at the Islington Bar Academy, but this time they rocked. The reviews were all really good but they seem to be a bit embarrassed to be up there on the stage, constantly looking down at their shoes. Audience were a bit arsey, a bit cold and unreceptive, and many of them seemed to leave mid set. Their loss.

Fennez, again at the ICA, played a beautiful set, which seemed a bit let down by the somewhat pointless visuals going on in the background. Babbling brooks, it was a bit like watching those dreadful Enigma visuals from the late 90s.

Turbonegro at the Islington Academy last night were fantastic, it was so close to Spinal Tap it was untrue. Possible celeb spot - Nick Oliveri formerly of Queens of the Stone Age. I say possible celeb spot as I'm not sure it counts as he came on stage to sing with them at one point. I say it counts - my game, my rules!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?