Monday, May 09, 2005

 

Nod to Rod

Last night we saw Roddy Frame doing the first of a month's Sunday night residency at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club.

Now, I would like to think that everyone knows exactly who I am talking about here but just in case you don't, he was, essentially Aztec Camera - Scottish Band initially from the influential Postcard Record label, hits throughout the 80s and early 90s. I adored them, but since deciding to perform under his own name, I think Roddy has just got better and better.

He played a lot for the excellent accoustic 'Surf' cd from a couple of years ago, new stuf,,and a fair splattering from the excellent first Aztec Camera album, 'High Land, Hard Rain'. Frankly I couldn't have asked for a better set list (Ian would have loved 'We could send letters' added for nostalgic reasons, but this was just a minor wish).

I think he's very under-appreciated, if you haven't got it, go buy 'Surf', I promise you won't be disappointed.

Celebrity spot - Tracey Thorn from Everything But The Girl

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?