Friday, July 08, 2005

 

Another day

I have been wondering whether to say anything about yesterday or not.

The notion that we could be a terrorist target has I guess been in every Londoner's mind ever since 9/11, and especially since the war in Iraq, but it's another thing when something like this actually happens. The shock and fear as the news gets out, as well as trying to find out what;'s actually been happening and what are the actual facts. Then the urgent ringing, emailing, texting to make sure everyone is okay, and to let everyone know that you are fine.

It makes you realise how many people you care about, and how many care about you. I had calls and emails from as far as the States and Australia, friends I haven't been in touch with in months, business contacts, so many people. So if anything, that's the message to send to these terrorists - their actions have actually brought the population closer together, and doing so you'll never win.

Today I'm back, sitting at my desk in my office, using the same public transport to get in, meeting friends for a concert tonight and celebrating my dearest Ian's 40th birthday. Nothing and no-one is going to scare me into changing my way of life. So you've failed, Mr Terrorist, like you always do and always will.

Comments:
Absolutely agree with you there Hitch. We're all just a little bit closer to each other today and for the rest of our days, and nobody can take that away.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?