Monday, July 18, 2005

 

Back again

Far too busy workwise to blog last week. So a brief round up and then normal service should be resumed later in the week.

Transport and London feel much the same as before the bombs, although I'm conscious of being more alert watching everyone on the train.

Despite what I said previously, not a single comic title has yet been dropped from my monthly purchases. Wonder Woman has improved slightly, I still don't know why I am buying Aquaman, Titans, Outsiders and Donna Troy still on my favourites list, although I was very disappointed with the 4-part crossover, Fables constant as ever. Sad but not surprised to see Books of Magick has been cancelled with the last issue in October.

Post-Montreux gigs - Super Furry Animals at Somerset House (pity the audience were only after a greatest hits show. I like SFA but have come to the conclusion that the average person going to see them in London should be barred from ever attending a gig again). Sigur Ros at Somerset House (beautiful). Architecture in Helsinki (fantastic, although it was a tiny venue and there are eight of them and they have come from Australia, so I have no idea how they are making any money out of this). Kathryn Williams at St James' Church (beautuful). Coco Rosie at Bush Hall (great, but I wish they didn't insist on sitting practially on the stage floor. I'm only 5ft 8 and couldn't see a thing)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?