Monday, May 15, 2006

 

music and lights



Well, that was a week of going from the sublime to the ridiculous on the gig front.

On thursday, Mac came down from Glasgow to join me at London's greatest new venue, the Luminaire to see Norwegian popsters, Datarock. Needless to say it was a fantastic evening. I doubt Datarock will ever win any prizes but so what? How can you not love a group who will sing songs with titles such as 'I used to dance with my daddy', 'computer camp love' and 'night flight to uranus'. Are they gay with song titles like this? I don't know and I don't care. They even ended the show by playing 'I've had the time of my life' by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes and with everyone singing at the top of their voices I can only imagine this is what one of those School Disco clubs are like.

The next day we went to Blackpool to see Radiohead. Utterly fantastic. Great venue, great position within the venue, great audience, great show.

Blackpool however, was even more seedy and rundown than I ever imagined. And if anyone wants a hotel reservation, the Grand Metropole, whilst not that bad, isn't anything like it's picture on the website.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?