Monday, October 23, 2006

 

battered and bruised



So I'm having to take time off work to wait in for the insurance people to assess and (eventually) repair a rain-damaged roof, and this is a very bad time to be doing this as I am swamped under at work at the moment. To balance this, and in a moment of showing dedication at work, I offer to borrow the office laptop to work from home while i wait for the insurance man. Plus points for me there.

However, the laptop is about 5 years old, extremely slow and very bulky. Still, I get about 4 hours of work done. Next day, however, I slipped carrying then laptop to work and in an attempt to stay upright and protect the system I twisted my ankle badly. Seriously, the pain was unbelievable. I really shouldn't have gone out that evening but Mac was down and I hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks so off we went to a night of extreme electronica from Russell Haswell and Hecker, and Sunn 0))) . Well, all I can say was that this was quite a good way to distract myself from the pain in my ankle by focussing on the pain in my ear instead!

A week later and I'm still limping but I think I'm getting better.


Comments:
I HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER NOW. MISSING YOU BOTH. I'M ON GOOD FORM. BEST I'VE BEEN FOR AGES. IT WON'T LAST SO I'M TRYING TO ENJOY IT! HA HA. XO KB
 
God, a twisted ankle hurts a hell of a lot, doesn't it! Hope it's feeling better now.
 
much thank you, but still not 100%
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?