Friday, July 06, 2007

 

(I've had) The time of my life



Further to the last blog, I'd like to add Datarock at the Luminaire last night as being a highlight. Quite simply, they were once again magnificent.

This is the 5th time we've seen them now, our first encounter being all the way back in 2003 on a hot and sunny afternoon at the Barcelona Sonar festival. Who were these mad Norwegian's dressed in red tracksuits singing 'I used to dance with my Daddy'? We waited patiently, bought the album on import back in 2005, 6 months before it's UK release, caught them at Christmas 2005 supporting Annie at 93 Feet East, until finally they headlined at the Luminaire May 2006. They were great then, they were fabulous last night. So fabulous that I broke the habit of a life time and took this photo. Ironically, like previous photos of Datarock that Mac has taken, the actual two permanent members, Frederik and Ketil are not in the photo as they prefer to stand at the far edges of the stage, but hey never mind.

You could really tell how much they were loving the atmosphere as the crowd went wild. Little Stig (at the front of the photo) crowd surfed at one point (not sure if that was his intention but he seemed to love it). I felt that they didn't want to leave - I ran to the toilets after they had finally left the stage to the strains of Bill Medley and whateverhernamewas singing "I've had the time of my life" from Dirty Dancing, only to come back to find them all returned to the stage topless and just jumping about with big grins on their faces.

A silly little gig perhaps, but a fantastic night out.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?